You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing the behaviour of CAPS when switching languages

I've recently purchased a MacBook Pro with Korean/English keyboard and I noticed the language switcher is on the caps button. the default setting is to press to switch language, and hold to turn on the caps button. while this may be good on paper, this is horrendous to use in real life.

is it possible to change it so that holding the caps switches the languages? and pressing it activates caps?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 1:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 5:32 AM

The best you can do I think is to deactivate the Caps Lock language switching feature. That is controlled by a box at the bottom of system preferences/keyboard/input sources. Then use the standard keyboard shortcut for switching languages, which is Control plus Space.

Similar questions

1 reply

Changing the behaviour of CAPS when switching languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.