You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch / Words With Friends Notifications

Hi All,

I have an apple Watch Series 3 and an Iphone 11, both working perfectly until a few days ago.

After reinstalling Words wit Friends i now get no alert on my apple watch, and it appears to me that all my settings are correct.

The strange thing is, the alerts are going to the watch, if i swipe down on the watch the alert is there, but it never beeps or causes the vibration, just goes straight to the notification bar.

On my phone it works fine, the alerts go to the screen, and if i am not wearing my watch then my phone beeps, so thats all fine.

But why is it not giving me an alert to my watch?

Everything else on the watch is alerting fine, and I've checked the settings for apple watch on my phone, words is set to notify.

I'm baffled :/

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 6:30 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 8, 2020 5:14 PM in response to Cookyweb

Hey there, Cookyweb.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Sounds like you're running into some trouble with notifications on your Apple Watch for a specific app. Let's look into that together and see if we can get to the bottom of it.

To get started, let's have you take a look at the "How to change how you get notifications on your Apple Watch" section of Notifications on your Apple Watch to make sure that the notifications specific to that app haven't been changed. If they have been changed, that'll tell you how to readjust them to your preferred method of alert.

Be well!

Apple Watch / Words With Friends Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.