You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share name and photo

I have an iPhone 11 Pro & when I try to turn on “Share Name & Photo” in iMessage it tells me that its not available because iMessage & iCloud are separate or not logged in, how do I fix this?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 11:36 PM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2020 1:01 AM in response to bre-anna99

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images / pictures speak louder than words. (Do not provide any personal credentials, such as email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable. etc)

Change your name and photo

With iOS 13 and iPadOS, you can share your name and photo when you start or respond to a new message. You can use an AnimojiMemoji, or a custom image for your photo. Here's how to update your Messages profile:

1. Open Messages and tap .
  2. Tap Edit Name and Photo. 
  3. Tap the image circle to choose an image or photo. Then tap the text fields where your name appears to add or update your name.
  4. Tap Done.

Your name and photo can be shared with anyone using iMessage, but you'll be asked to confirm that you want to share with someone when sending or replying to a new message. You can also turn sharing on and off. Just complete steps 1-2, and turn Name and Photo Sharing on or off.

Share name and photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.