You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro SSD Replacement

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro 13.3 Retina (A1502, EMC 2835 with 3.1 GHz i7, with 256GB PCle flash storage) running MacOS High Sierra.

I have been having startup disk issues and took it into one of the apple-endorsed shops in my area, and they confirmed that the SSD is failing. I was quoted $785 to have the SSD replaced - so I may try to replace it myself.

Anyways, considering that I have an external drive to do a time machine backup and have at least MacOS 10.13, I am needing some help as to which replacement SSD would be compatible/reliable. I have looked at the Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal SSD with V-NAND, which looks like it would require an adapter (perhaps the Sintech NGFF M.2 nVME SSD for 2013-2015 macs).

Or, if anyone has any other recommendations, please let me know. Thanks!

Zach

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 7:56 AM

zachm96 wrote:

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro 13.3 Retina (A1502, EMC 2835 with 3.1 GHz i7, with 256GB PCle flash storage) running MacOS High Sierra.

I have been having startup disk issues and took it into one of the apple-endorsed shops in my area, and they confirmed that the SSD is failing. I was quoted $785 to have the SSD replaced - so I may try to replace it myself.

Anyways, considering that I have an external drive to do a time machine backup and have at least MacOS 10.13, I am needing some help as to which replacement SSD would be compatible/reliable. I have looked at the Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal SSD with V-NAND, which looks like it would require an adapter (perhaps the Sintech NGFF M.2 nVME SSD for 2013-2015 macs).

Zach

Do you say what year is the " MacBook Pro 13.3 Retina (A1502, EMC 2835 with 3.1 GHz i7, with 256GB PCle flash storage" ?

If you want specific information regarding "your machine " and SSD replacement, you need to supply specific information...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2020 7:56 AM in response to zachm96

zachm96 wrote:

Hello,

Zach

Do you say what year is the " MacBook Pro 13.3 Retina (A1502, EMC 2835 with 3.1 GHz i7, with 256GB PCle flash storage" ?

If you want specific information regarding "your machine " and SSD replacement, you need to supply specific information...

Macbook Pro SSD Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.