You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Siri not working

I reset my settings and Siri no long brings up the voice bar, just the Siri type function. Have tried everything in this and other articles - to no avail.

Anyone have some magic to turn on Siri’s voice function on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 12.4.7?

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 9:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 9:20 AM

I discovered why my Siri was not working with voice. Everyone must be careful not to activate things in SETTINGS that you aren’t sure about. Oh, I always tell people to take a piece of paper and jot down any changes you make in settings... so you can undo them when they are distorting the functioning of your device.

I failed to heed my own advice and disabled my Siri by going to Settings> Accessories> Siri, and selecting “type to Siri.”

Apple does not explain here that “type to Siri” is not Just adding a feature to Siri, but it is subtracting one, and will stop the voice actuated Siri.

DON’T SELECT THIS... unless you want to stop the voice actuated Siri.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2020 9:20 AM in response to X-35

I discovered why my Siri was not working with voice. Everyone must be careful not to activate things in SETTINGS that you aren’t sure about. Oh, I always tell people to take a piece of paper and jot down any changes you make in settings... so you can undo them when they are distorting the functioning of your device.

I failed to heed my own advice and disabled my Siri by going to Settings> Accessories> Siri, and selecting “type to Siri.”

Apple does not explain here that “type to Siri” is not Just adding a feature to Siri, but it is subtracting one, and will stop the voice actuated Siri.

DON’T SELECT THIS... unless you want to stop the voice actuated Siri.

Voice Siri not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.