You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Hacked?

Good evening,

it appears my iPhone has been hacked, I watched my phone do it’s own thing for a little over a minute. When I tried turn off the phone, whoever had control attempted the activate the SOS button. Once the device was turned back on it appeared to be normal. What do I need to do to protect my phone?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 10:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 6:24 PM

Hello zhene258,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're concerned about your iPhone possibly being compromised.

Having a fully secure device helps provide a peace of mind. I can help point you in the right direction.

Based on the description you provided, it sounds like your iPhone is experiencing unexpected touch. To help troubleshoot this behavior, I recommend to remove any accessories that is attached to your iPhone. For example, you'll want to remove a case, screen protector and any accessories that your device might plugged into. From there, see if you continue to experience the same behavior with the unexpected touch that's occurring on your iPhone.

In addition, I suggest making sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS 13.5.1. Updating the iOS version on your iPhone, helps provide software improvements and enhanced security updates: Apple security updates

There are steps available to help ensure that your Apple ID account is secure. I encourage for you to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: Security and your Apple ID

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2020 6:24 PM in response to zhene258

Hello zhene258,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're concerned about your iPhone possibly being compromised.

Having a fully secure device helps provide a peace of mind. I can help point you in the right direction.

Based on the description you provided, it sounds like your iPhone is experiencing unexpected touch. To help troubleshoot this behavior, I recommend to remove any accessories that is attached to your iPhone. For example, you'll want to remove a case, screen protector and any accessories that your device might plugged into. From there, see if you continue to experience the same behavior with the unexpected touch that's occurring on your iPhone.

In addition, I suggest making sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS 13.5.1. Updating the iOS version on your iPhone, helps provide software improvements and enhanced security updates: Apple security updates

There are steps available to help ensure that your Apple ID account is secure. I encourage for you to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: Security and your Apple ID

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kind regards.

iPhone Hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.