You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Activate Iphone

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help. I just upgraded my Daughters Iphone 7 to an Iphone 11. The plan is to recycle the old Iphone 7 to my younger daughter. However my older daughter did a full reset of the phone before giving it to me to wipe all of her data. Now when I add a new SIM to the Iphone I get the message "Iphone unable to activate, an update is required to activate your Iphone". I have tried switching the phone on and off, also connecting to Itunes on my PC (I updated Itune to the latest version) but I cannot continue with the set up on the Iphone 7. I even tried the SIM from my Iphone 7 but the error message remains. The new SIM is EE and the original SIM we BT so on the same network.

Can anyone help? I was not planning on scrapping the phone yet as it is only 3 years old.

Many thanks

Paul

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 3:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 4:16 AM

Hi,

Check this out https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201407

3 replies

Jun 11, 2020 1:47 AM in response to redlodge52

Hello

I followed again the advice of gowrishsellappan but no joy. I tried to connect the phone to itunes in Windows and a MAC. The phone is recognise but it will not activate.

What now? If I call Apple will they help with a 3 year old phone without AppleCare?

Seems a shame that what was a perfectly working phone before a factory reset is now only fit for the bin?

Unable to Activate Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.