You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iPhone SE send 2 texts

Why does my iPhone SE send 2 texts and sometimes 3 texts to my recipients

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 5:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 7:03 AM

Hi Davidmclay,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! As I understand it, you're finding your iPhone sends texts multiple times. I'm glad to see how I can assist.

For clarification, are you referring specifically to text/SMS that appear in green bubbles, iMessages that appear in blue bubbles, or both? This would make a difference in how best to troubleshoot: About iMessage and SMS/MMS

As a starting point, updating your device and carrier settings might be a good idea:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If the issue is with text messages and the issue persists after updating your carrier settings, you'll want to work with your wireless carrier for further steps. They'll be in the best position to assist with text messaging issues.

On the other hand, if the issue is with iMessages or both, check to see if this is happening with specific contacts. You might also check Settings > Messages > Send & Receive to see if you have only your phone number checked there, or if an email address is checked as well.

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2020 7:03 AM in response to Davidmclay

Hi Davidmclay,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! As I understand it, you're finding your iPhone sends texts multiple times. I'm glad to see how I can assist.

For clarification, are you referring specifically to text/SMS that appear in green bubbles, iMessages that appear in blue bubbles, or both? This would make a difference in how best to troubleshoot: About iMessage and SMS/MMS

As a starting point, updating your device and carrier settings might be a good idea:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If the issue is with text messages and the issue persists after updating your carrier settings, you'll want to work with your wireless carrier for further steps. They'll be in the best position to assist with text messaging issues.

On the other hand, if the issue is with iMessages or both, check to see if this is happening with specific contacts. You might also check Settings > Messages > Send & Receive to see if you have only your phone number checked there, or if an email address is checked as well.

Kind regards.

why does my iPhone SE send 2 texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.