You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Forwarding from iPhone to MacBook or other apple devices

I recently changed my laptop and since then for some reason I do not see the "Text Message Forwarding" option under the Settings-->Message on my iPhone 11.

Apple has absolutely no support articles to help on this topic.

Existing articles to "Setup SMS forwarding from iPhone to MacBook etc." has a small blurb on how to fix error if the option to forward messages is not showing up. Nothing works! Tried everything.

For some reason --- no one has been able to help on this matter other than what I mentioned above.

Did I find a bug in iOS? I am starting to feel that I may have.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:48 AM

You need to have the same Apple ID on iPhone and Mac. --> How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to ...

Set up text message forwarding

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
  3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2020 7:48 AM in response to Jay_from_MA

You need to have the same Apple ID on iPhone and Mac. --> How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to ...

Set up text message forwarding

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
  3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

Text Message Forwarding from iPhone to MacBook or other apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.