You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano song download

Hi,

Anyone who has same issue as mine? I tried to sync songs from my itunes account to my ipod nano 7th gen, but I am getting an error message " Apple music songs cannot be copied to an ipod." Can someone help me with this please?

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 1:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 9:08 AM

Hello,

No model of iPod nano supports music added from the Apple Music service. You can only synchronize iTunes Store purchases to an iPod (or music acquired from other means).

2 replies

Jun 10, 2020 10:47 PM in response to randiano

I had this same problem today, as a matter of fact. I couldn't figure it out at first. I plugged in the usb cord and it immediately began to synch... except it ended up erasing all the music on my iPod. I freaked out. All my music was still in my iTunes library but I didn't understand why I was getting the error message that the songs were in the wrong format (.mp3) and couldn't be copied to my iPod. The first time I tried it today I was using a usb cord that I usually use to listen to my iPod in my car. I took a chance and switched to the usb cord that I usually use to charge my iPhone and ... voila! That worked! I was able to sync the songs from my iTunes account to my iPod. Both cords are authentic Apple products but the 2nd one is newer so maybe that was it. In any event, that's what worked for me.

Ipod nano song download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.