You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac os catalina 10.15.5 not updating after restart

I got an notification to update moc os catalina 10.15.5 , currently im in 10.15.4. I selected update now then it requested to restart now. But after restart its still in 10.15.4. Tried multiple times no luck. Any one face this issues.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 5:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 7:06 AM

Hello Subashraj86,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when updating to macOS Catalina 10.15.5 you restarted your Mac as instructed but the update did not install. Try installing the update while your Mac is in safe mode. This article will provide you with the necessary steps to restart your Mac in safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you if necessary.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2020 7:06 AM in response to Subashraj86

Hello Subashraj86,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when updating to macOS Catalina 10.15.5 you restarted your Mac as instructed but the update did not install. Try installing the update while your Mac is in safe mode. This article will provide you with the necessary steps to restart your Mac in safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you if necessary.

Best Regards.

mac os catalina 10.15.5 not updating after restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.