You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Icloud email used on my Ipad 3 is no longer recognised by Apple ID or Icloud ID

My old Apple ID email I changed to a new one. Now after a period of time i thought i could use my old ipad 3 for just music and i noticed my Apple ID is correct but my ICLOUD Email is my old apple ID.

So i need to log out of icloud to enter my latest icloud email and apple id email. But i cant remember the old email password. So i went to Apple ID and I CLOUD ID and tried to do a password reset and both of them say my current (old) email that is being used on my ipad 3 Icloud settings is invalid. So i cant get a password reset and i cant logout of icloud.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 5:37 PM

See -- What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.

2 replies

Jun 9, 2020 10:11 PM in response to zinacef

So I am signed into iCloud on my iPad 3 with old Apple ID email address and I can’t sign out because iCloud and Apple do not recognise the same Old email as a iCloud or Apple ID so it won’t give password resets.

now on the same iPad 3 only iCloud is using old email Apple ID and everything else is signed in with current Apple ID

Please I need to replace old iCloud email Signin with current email Apple ID

My Icloud email used on my Ipad 3 is no longer recognised by Apple ID or Icloud ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.