You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering deleted photos

Hello, is there a way to recover deleted videos? I believe I deleted videos from my iPhone under the mistaken impression that they were stored in the cloud without realising that deleting them from the device will also remove them from the cloud. It’s been a few months now since I deleted those. I cannot find any local backups either. In the cloud backup, I only see photos from my cloud stream. Cussing myself for not taking a local backup, but that’s in the past now. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 3:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 7:36 PM

Lots of folks mistakenly think or believe that iCloud is a true cloud-based backup like OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Photos when in fact it is not. It is a syncing service that syncs your data across all of your devices.

6 replies

Recovering deleted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.