You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos

When I open photos in iCloud, I can't figure out how to see the same functionality as Photos on my iMac - How can I see the tags I've made regarding people's faces as well as locations. All I see is the titles of pictures and the dates.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 4:10 PM

3 replies

Jun 10, 2020 4:55 PM in response to SSW_99

iCloud Photos is a syncing service, not a backup. It does have some benefits of a backup (especially being offsite) but not all. For example if you delete something from a device, accidentally or otherwise, and don't recover it within 30 days it is gone.

Also, People and Places data does sync through iCloud -- you just can't view it in a browser at iCloud.com. However if for example you get a new device and turn on iCloud Photos on that device, that data will sync to the new device.

iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.