You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 update to iOS 13.5.1: no connection to mobile network

After the latest automatic update of my phone, my phone tells me I need to update it to be able to make a connection with a mobile network. When I check the update status it tells me that it is at iOS 13.5.1 and there is no update available; any suggestions on how to solve this?

iPhone 7, 13

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 9:23 AM

This may be related to Carrier Settings Update.

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ About - When you reach here and if there is a Carrier Update available then a window will pop up for you to accept the update. If there is no carrier update available then no window will pop up. At that point, call your carrier and inquire about it.

If that does not solve things then-

iPhone 7 - No Service after iOS 13 update: I can understand that this can be very frustrating. Have you tried the steps listed in this link If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support ?

If that does NOT help then your iPhone 7 may be part of the iPhone 7 Repair program and you can check whether you qualify by using the information in this link iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support .

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2020 9:23 AM in response to TasieHut

This may be related to Carrier Settings Update.

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ About - When you reach here and if there is a Carrier Update available then a window will pop up for you to accept the update. If there is no carrier update available then no window will pop up. At that point, call your carrier and inquire about it.

If that does not solve things then-

iPhone 7 - No Service after iOS 13 update: I can understand that this can be very frustrating. Have you tried the steps listed in this link If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support ?

If that does NOT help then your iPhone 7 may be part of the iPhone 7 Repair program and you can check whether you qualify by using the information in this link iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support .

Axel F.

Jul 6, 2020 2:57 AM in response to TasieHut

For Over 48hours now, My iphone 7 has been showing “No service”. I was asked to update the software, I downloaded iOS 13.5.1, but it will never install since then, I’ve checked my internet several times, my WiFi internet is working well, So why is it not installing after downloaded? I’m tired of this “No service” issue, it’s affecting my work, please I need urgent help.

Jul 6, 2020 3:23 AM in response to maggiemasp

In the end I had my phone checked in the Apple Store, it turned out that my phone had a faulty antenna installed when it was produced. Apple replaced my phone free of charge with a new one.

Please make a back up of your iPhone in iCloud while it is physically connected to your computer before going to the Apple Store; I tried making the back up the usual way and it did not work (my phone said that the back up had been made succesfully), so I lost a week of data.

iPhone 7 update to iOS 13.5.1: no connection to mobile network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.