You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Pages support iBook widgets? What about custom Hype widgets?

With Apple's abandonment of iBook Author, will Pages support

1.) the iBook widgets, such as multiple choice questions?

2.) the custom widgets created in Tumult Hype?

The interactive widget is a vital feature that makes iBooks superior to an e-pub. To lose this feature would be a deal breaker. Educational books that use widgets for students to self-check their knowledge is essential.

If anyone knows the widget-support answer or has an alternative to the iBook widget, please let us know. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 7:26 AM

Apple has stated that they will provide a future version of Pages that can import iBook Author templates into it. No more detail than that. Presently, iBooks Author content, its widgets, and any of its custom hypertext objects are incompatible with Pages.

7 replies

Jun 17, 2020 2:52 AM in response to rfJean

I work in an ADS school, all our students have iPads and use iBooks.

I too currently use iBooks Author to make a number of iBooks for students. We use these in Music and are invaluable to us. They are our schemes of work. I make use of all the functions, widgets and gimmicks that come with it. I am currently in the process of making more now.

I have played around with Pages, I like it, but it's missing all the 'bells and whistles' that iBooks Author currently offers. I really hope that the next update to Pages, along with the file conversion tool, includes widget functionality.

Will Pages support iBook widgets? What about custom Hype widgets?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.