You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.5 How do I add a URL to Safari Favorites?

I've just upgraded from iOS 12 to 13. I can no longer find a way to add a URL to Safari Favorites. Previously, I was able to go through the Share With icon. Now, I cannot find a pathway to add the current site to Favorites or the Home Screen.

The online instructions from Apple ARE INCORRECT:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph42ab2f3a7/13.0/ios/13.0

When I follow the given path, I am instructed to tap the Share WithI icon, then tap Add to Favorites. BUT THERE IS NO LONGER AN OPTION to Add to Favorites. What I do see is a way to send a PDF of the site to other people by text message, and a row of apps that have nothing to do with Safari.

I'm furious and exhausted at having to dig and dig to find a common long-standing feature that Apple has suddenly hidden, and has failed to accurately document. This is extremely poor user experience.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 9:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 9:26 AM

I think there are two useful sections ('cause you mentioned two requests) in that page:

1. "Add a webpage to your favorites" (in Safari)
  2. "Add a website icon to your iPhone Home screen" (on your iPhone)

For both choices, when you tap on the square box with arrow up, a window should auto-open, and scrolling down you should find Add to favorites AND Add to home page.

What's not working?

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2020 9:26 AM in response to Dognose T. Bemis

I think there are two useful sections ('cause you mentioned two requests) in that page:

1. "Add a webpage to your favorites" (in Safari)
  2. "Add a website icon to your iPhone Home screen" (on your iPhone)

For both choices, when you tap on the square box with arrow up, a window should auto-open, and scrolling down you should find Add to favorites AND Add to home page.

What's not working?

Regards

Giulio

Jun 12, 2020 12:11 PM in response to Dognose T. Bemis

My pleasure, Dognose T. Bemis.

Yes, many things have changed with the iOS 13 (or later) release.

You might take a look here for many useful pages:--> iPhone User Guide - Apple Support

This is a user to user tech support forum and we're just users like you. Apple doesn't partecipate here.

If you'd like, you can submit your suggestions/comments to Apple directly using this link:--> Apple – Product Feedback

Regards

Giulio

Jun 12, 2020 12:00 PM in response to ProustGiulio

Thank you Giulio. That solves my problem.

What was not working? "scrolling down you should find..." It never ocurred to me to scroll that window. In iOS 12, those (and all?) functions were immediately available with only horizontal scrolling.

Memo to Apple: build into iOS an option to toggle user tips off and on at a desired level per application, a la {Newbie, Upgrader, Nerd}. Put the info where the user needs it.

iOS 13.5 How do I add a URL to Safari Favorites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.