You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an ipad pro 12.9 4th generation, how do i connect to a PC

Is the 4th generatIon iPad Pro 12.9 compatible with a PC? If so, how does it connect?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 3:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 3:44 PM

Purchase and use this adapter.

USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

8 replies

Jun 16, 2020 5:57 AM in response to OBPO-S

To connect your PC to your 2020 iPad Pro via USB, you simply require either:

• a USB-C to USB-C cable.
  • a USB-C to USB Type-A cable

Both cable types are commonly available. Ideally, chose a cable that meets the USB 3.0 or USB 3.1 specification; USB 2.0 cables will also work with a reduced data throughput.

Your PC should have either (or perhaps both) USB-C or USB Type-A sockets to connect to peripheral devices; use the cable that matches the connections on your PC.

I hope this clarification is helpful.

Jun 16, 2020 4:11 PM in response to Jamesd49

I honestly don’t know. I have tried the usb-a to usb-a leads on other devices, and they work perfectly, the iPad is only a few weeks old but Apple suggested I send it back to be checked, and they were unable to replicate the fault, so that only leaves the adapter. I just don’t think the ones I’ve tried are compatible with the 12.9” iPad.

i ordered the one today from Apple, but whilst using the iPad and the order confirmed it is compatible with my iPad, I will just have to wait and see.

It is starting to annoy me I must admit!

Thanks

i have an ipad pro 12.9 4th generation, how do i connect to a PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.