You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app no longer works with Sony TV

I have a 3rd generation Apple TV. I can no longer sign into the Apple TV app on my Sony XBR49X700D. When I sign in I get a verification code and a message to try signing in again by entering my password AND the verification code in the password field. Then I get an error message saying my Apple ID or password has been entered incorrectly.

Does the Apple TV app no longer work with my model of Sony TV? Do I have to get a new TV just to use that app, or do I need a later model Apple TV, or what?

Apple TV

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 7:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 8:58 PM

Please try it like this:

When asked, enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or anything) in the same field, and then submit.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple TV app no longer works with Sony TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.