You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV keeps crashing

I have an Apple TV (I believe its 1st generation) that keeps crashing when I want to watch Netflix. It used to do it once in a while and not with every show. Now it does it with every show/movie I try to watch.

I checked and the system is up to date. And I'm not using wifi but a cable connection.

Thanks for the help.

Matt

Apple TV

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 10:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 11:22 AM

The Apple TV (1st generation) never had Netflix. Netflix is supported on Apple TV (2nd generation or later).

Use Netflix on your Apple TV - Netflix Help Center

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If a restart of the device doesn’t improve the situation, then consider a reset.

How to restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Overheating can cause electronics to shut down. Try to keep it cool and ventilated.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2020 11:22 AM in response to dosveinte_lac

The Apple TV (1st generation) never had Netflix. Netflix is supported on Apple TV (2nd generation or later).

Use Netflix on your Apple TV - Netflix Help Center

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If a restart of the device doesn’t improve the situation, then consider a reset.

How to restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Overheating can cause electronics to shut down. Try to keep it cool and ventilated.

Jun 16, 2020 2:52 PM in response to dosveinte_lac

dosveinte_lac Said:

"I will try the reset, bucause the device probably is not overheating (it's on top of a countertop that doesn't block air from flowing)."

-------

Avoid Heat Accumulation:

Countertops will accumulate heat, but not as fast as placing it in an enclosed location (i.e. the corner of the room or in a closet). So, place it atop a laptop cooler powered off of the wall socket, and place it in an open location.

Apple TV keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.