You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

homepod wont play playlists

If i say “hey Siri playlist purchased music” nothing

if i say “hey Siri playlist eighties” nothing

if i say “hey Siri play another one bites the dust” it play the song.

If i say “hey Siri play all songs” it will play all songs in iMatch database

it can obviously see the music in my iMatch database. Why wont it play playlists.

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 2:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 4:26 PM

I disabled personal requests. The results are different but i would not say exactly solved.

if i say “Hey Siri playlist Purchased Music” it cant find it.

if i say “Hey Siri playlist” wait for her to ask what play list then say “Purchased Music” it then plays the music.

so it works but its clumsy. It would be nice to be able to have personal requests and music.

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2020 4:26 PM in response to turingtest2

I disabled personal requests. The results are different but i would not say exactly solved.

if i say “Hey Siri playlist Purchased Music” it cant find it.

if i say “Hey Siri playlist” wait for her to ask what play list then say “Purchased Music” it then plays the music.

so it works but its clumsy. It would be nice to be able to have personal requests and music.

homepod wont play playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.