You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV APP

do i need apple tv hardware to access spectrum streaming service even though the apple app is preloaded on my new LG TV

50UN7300AUD,

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 6:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 11:14 PM

the apple tv app is an app that runs on other smart tv

the appletv box is a box that support apps like I suppose your spectrum app

the appletv app does not support apps, if your spectrum app is not available on your LG TV smart tv

then you need to purchase a setup box which has the app available.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2020 11:14 PM in response to Clipper292

the apple tv app is an app that runs on other smart tv

the appletv box is a box that support apps like I suppose your spectrum app

the appletv app does not support apps, if your spectrum app is not available on your LG TV smart tv

then you need to purchase a setup box which has the app available.

Jun 16, 2020 11:40 PM in response to Clipper292

You do need the Apple TV set-top box (4th generation or later) to install the tvOS Spectrum TV app.

The Apple TV app on your LG only gives access to iTunes Store movies and TV shows for buy and rent, Apple TV+, and additional premium Apple TV app Channels that you may wish to subscribe to. The Apple TV app on your LG does not give you access to the Spectrum channels that you pay Spectrum for.

Apple TV APP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.