You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook charge while using

Hello I always charge my Macbook Pro 2019 13 inch while using it especially during video editing to not go low bat and some say to also preserve battry cycle count, is it really safe to charge it while using and does it really preserve battery cycle count?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 8:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 8:46 AM

... is it really safe to charge it while using...

Yes: About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

... does it really preserve battery cycle count?

If you do not use the battery then it will not be permitted to "cycle", and if you want to derive the most longevity from the type of batteries Apple uses in their products, then use them regularly.

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2020 8:46 AM in response to Elizalde_06

... is it really safe to charge it while using...

Yes: About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

... does it really preserve battery cycle count?

If you do not use the battery then it will not be permitted to "cycle", and if you want to derive the most longevity from the type of batteries Apple uses in their products, then use them regularly.

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks - Apple Support

Jun 18, 2020 9:08 AM in response to Elizalde_06

Elizalde_06 wrote:

hello so about the battery cycle count and longevity, is it better to charge it while using to not use the battery? Im sorry i did not get that part

Charge it when it's convenient to do so. Usually that's when you're seated at a desk or in an office, etc. Just use the battery once in a while. If you were to leave it plugged in all the time, as in all day every day week after week, it won't last as long.

Macbook charge while using

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.