You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Family Sharing" option not showing up

I have "Set up Family Sharing" several times but it isn't being replaced by "Family Sharing" which I understand I need to click on in order to create an Apple ID for my child. I'm using ios 13.5.1. Any suggestions?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 8:42 AM

3 replies

Jun 19, 2020 1:30 PM in response to nks37

contact Apple ID Support. Based on multiple posts I have read, they may not be willing to help. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.contact Apple ID Support. Based on multiple posts I have read, they may not be willing to help. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Jun 19, 2020 1:24 PM in response to Eric Root

Unfortunately not. All these tutorials assume that after you click through "Set Up Family Sharing," that option under Settings--> [my name] will be replaced by "Family Sharing". But that is not happening for me. And I need to go through the "Family Sharing" option to set up the Apple ID for my child.

"Family Sharing" option not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.