You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV v3 ITunes Two Factor Authentication

I have tried a few things and continue to get an error logging into my ITunes Account on my AppleTV 3rd Gen. The issue seems to be entering the Verification code without it timing out.

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 10:30 AM

If you are attempting to enter the password and code together then it will easily time out. You will need to enter the password, then manually request a code, and then add it to the password. This way the time is used exclusively for the code.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2020 10:30 AM in response to cliveahenry

If you are attempting to enter the password and code together then it will easily time out. You will need to enter the password, then manually request a code, and then add it to the password. This way the time is used exclusively for the code.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Apple TV v3 ITunes Two Factor Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.