You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 2018 crashing after browsing Marketplace in the Facebook App

Hi all, I will try to be as descriptive as possible. As the title suggests; my recent purchase (contract from a phone company) of my iPad Pro 2018 model is flawless except when using the Facebook App. I can use the app all day long with no issues as long as I don't browse Marketplace. This is where the issue is and it's only in the app - no crashing when I browse Marketplace when logged into Facebook via Safari on the same iPad Pro.

After several minutes of browsing Marketplace (via the app) my iPad Pro goes to a black screen with a grey dotted circle and returns to the login page. Once logged back in; the Facebook App is still active but I had been essentially kicked out. This only happens when browsing Marketplace; sometimes I can browse for longer periods than others

At first I thought it may have been an app issue however I have updated the Facebook app a number of times now and the problem still persists. I have reset the iPad Pro once and still no change.

Does anyone have any info on this issue?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 5:27 AM

I Got 2 ipads pro different model and both are doing the same on Marketplace. They close the application to a black screen and reboot. All my friends having the same issues all Ipads are updated with all last version of apple software and Facebook software, i uninstall Facebook many time and nothing, just keep crashing . By the way it is doing that since 9 month to a year.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 1, 2020 5:27 AM in response to MisterHealy

I Got 2 ipads pro different model and both are doing the same on Marketplace. They close the application to a black screen and reboot. All my friends having the same issues all Ipads are updated with all last version of apple software and Facebook software, i uninstall Facebook many time and nothing, just keep crashing . By the way it is doing that since 9 month to a year.

Jul 7, 2020 2:46 PM in response to MisterHealy

MisterHealy wrote:

No further replies to this thread.... is no one else having this issue? Surely it can’t be hardware related as it would crash other apps too.

If the problem exists only with the one app, it is likely that that one app is the problem. FB has had some serious issues with their iOS apps recently. And, historically, there apps are huge battery and data sucks. Use the browser until they come up with a fix.

Aug 1, 2020 5:28 AM in response to Seallbay

iPad Pro 2018 crashing after browsing Marketplace in the Facebook App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.