You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook won't turn on

My Macbook (2016 version) won't turn on, it was working fine one day and is dead the next. When plugged in I can feel the batter is charging but there is no power. I've carried out all the troubleshooting steps provided by apple. Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 3:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 6:59 AM

Well if you tried all steps in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204267 in it still does not work you have to repair.

But what do you mean by the fact that you can "feel" the battery charging? Does it get warm?

Also: If you turn the MacBook on does the keyboard light up or the display (even if it stays black) or does it make any sound?

If there is no reaction at all, even if the battery might get warm from charging, there is probably an issue with the CPU, Motherboard, RAM or Drive/NVRAM so that it does not even get to turn on or POST, in which case you need a repair.

Sam

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2020 6:59 AM in response to jenna_k19

Well if you tried all steps in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204267 in it still does not work you have to repair.

But what do you mean by the fact that you can "feel" the battery charging? Does it get warm?

Also: If you turn the MacBook on does the keyboard light up or the display (even if it stays black) or does it make any sound?

If there is no reaction at all, even if the battery might get warm from charging, there is probably an issue with the CPU, Motherboard, RAM or Drive/NVRAM so that it does not even get to turn on or POST, in which case you need a repair.

Sam

Macbook won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.