You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I followed the directions, general>reset>reset all settings>enter device passcode> and the Enter your Restrictions passcode pops up and shows 15 failed passcode attempts! That is what I need to reset in the first place.

I need to find my restrictions passcode. But the only way to reset it is if I know it already. Does anybody have a solution to this "catch 22"?

Settings>general>reset> reset all settings>enter device code. But then it asks for the restriction passcode which I do not know. But the directions don't say anything about what to do then.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 11:03 PM

3 replies

I followed the directions, general>reset>reset all settings>enter device passcode> and the Enter your Restrictions passcode pops up and shows 15 failed passcode attempts! That is what I need to reset in the first place.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.