You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music: How to get the Show pop-up to appear??!!!!

I have a new Mac with Catalina, and I was able to enable Home Sharing with my Air laptop, which also has Catalina. The music appears when I choose the library from the dropdown. But I cannot get the Show menu to appear at the bottom of the screen so I can download the music to the new Mac. I've tried turning Sharing off and on. I use the same Apple ID and password for both computers, yet the Show never appears. Help!!!

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 7:24 PM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2020 8:49 AM in response to PurpleNikki

Hi there, PurpleNikki.

After reading your post, it appears that you're unable to transfer music in your Music app on one Mac to the other. When you try to access the library from the other computer, it opens to a blank screen. We're glad to help with this.

Import media using Home Sharing in iTunes on Mac -- This article provides this information under "Import items from other libraries using Home Sharing". Also, review the steps in this section as well.

"Important: Computers you import from must be on, with iTunes open and Home Sharing turned on."

Since you didn’t mention it, are both of your computers on the same Wi-Fi or ethernet network?

Let us know how that goes.

Take care.

Apple Music: How to get the Show pop-up to appear??!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.