You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro keeps going to sleep every minute

Hi all,

Since last week my Macbook Pro (mid-2015) screen suddenly keeps blacking out, but not in a complete shutdown way. It happens nearly every minute now, and to wake the computer I have to press any key.

Things I tried noting on my computer's odd behaviour:

1. Upon starting the computer, the screen may stay normal for about 3 minutes before blacking out every minute. Sometimes it'll flicker on by itself without pressing any key
  2. When I put the computer to sleep and closes the lid, the apple logo lights up in a slow tempo
  3. Plugging the charger does not help prevent the constant blackout
  4. When it wakes up from its sleep, sometimes it asks for a password (even though I have adjusted the setting to every 10 minutes and woke the computer in less than 10 seconds).
  5. Current battery status is 'replace soon' for months now

Have tried resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) multiple times. I have also adjusted the display and energy saver so that it shouldn't be in a condition to go to sleep this quick, but the problem still prevails.

I hope there's any piece of advice you all can share to resolve this issue. Not really tech-savvy, therefore this kind of issue is really stressful to have. Especially with the current condition seeking out for a mac repair is near impossible in my area.

Thank you.

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 5:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 7:32 AM

Current battery status is 'replace soon' for months now

You need to do that: Mac Service and Repair - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 23, 2020 6:03 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks for the reply John,

My battery condition used to be in a 'replace now' status with an abnormally high cycle count (before replacing it with a new one) and it didn't show these erratic behaviors...I wonder if there's a leading factor aside from battery issue, since the computer tries to keep itself awake during sleep mode and does the opposite when working on it (dozing every minute or so).

Once I'm able to book an appointment I'll certainly have the battery to be checked thoroughly.

Once again thank you so much.

Macbook Pro keeps going to sleep every minute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.