You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My stolen iphone

How do I find my phone when it says offline on find my?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 10:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 10:57 PM

The phone won't be able to be located until it is turned back on. Once someone does that, you can get notified of it's location, or if you sent an Erase order, that command will be executed.

See here for more information: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201472

4 replies

Jun 23, 2020 11:26 PM in response to chancie54

My ex boyfriend is the one that stole my iPhone but did not know the passcode. Today on Find my iPhone it is showing the location 2 miles from me at 1:24pm on the day it was stolen (in red letters if that means anything) but on the day it was taken I took a screenshot of the location it was showing which was 16 miles from me which says Last seen at 1:49pm on that day and the phone on the screenshot has a black screen with a grey circle, which I have read means the phone is offline. I have not gotten any updates since it was taken. This was 10 days ago.

My stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.