You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone deleting random contacts

I am losing random contacts frequently, I tried to restore from icloud but they are missing there too. It has happened more than once over the past few weeks. The other day I texted someone (contact was there), when he replied contact was gone. iPhone 7 plus, software version 13.5.1. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 11:07 AM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2020 4:18 PM in response to rickiegm

Hello rickiegm,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are having an issue with missing contact, and are happy to help you find some information.

Here is a resource that can assist you. Specifically, the section on "Restore your contacts or bookmarks from an earlier version."

If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud

If you still have issues, please let us know the following:

-How long have you had this issue?

-How often is it happening? Daily, weekly?

Have a good day!

Jun 30, 2020 2:10 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks for your reply! I did try to restore my contacts from iCloud but the missing ones were missing there, too. The first I was aware of it was mid June. For example, I know I had a contact there on 6/9 and realized it was gone on 6/17. Another contact I texted on 6/22 at 11:12am and when he replied on 6/22 at 4:28pm contact was gone. So it was more than one time that contacts were deleted, but I can't say if it's happening daily or weekly. I would say I've noticed at least 15-20 missing contacts, there may be more that I'm not aware of as I haven't looked for them or heard from the person to realize they were no longer there.

Iphone deleting random contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.