You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone blocking calls!!

for about the last 3 weeks, my iPhone will no longer allow me to receive texts or calls from number that are not in my contacts. It doesn’t ring, then it indicates I have a voicemail from an unknown number, and won’t let me access that either, unless I add the number to my contacts? I’ve googled and looked through my settings and there is nothing obvious. I used to be able to receive all calls and choose to block individual numbers but I can’t do that anymore. I’ve missed 3 really important calls as they weren’t in my contacts and it’s driving me mad!!! Any ideas welcome, thank you 🙃

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 4:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 4:48 AM

To turn off Silence Unknown Callers, go to Settings > Phone, scroll down, then select Silence Unknown CallersCalls from unknown numbers are silenced and sent to your voicemail, and appear in your recent calls list.

Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

3 replies

IPhone blocking calls!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.