You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud reverted an excel document

Hi,

I use iCloud across multiple devices, I have an excel document that I updated 2 weeks ago on my MacBook. It's a document that I have been updating regularly over the past 15 months. I opened this document on my iPad tonight and the version it opened was from over 12 months ago! I went back to my MacBook and the version on iCloud is now the version that opened on my iPad.

I have tried multiple ways including searching through temp files to try retrieve an older version but have had no luck. I am using Office 2016 which is linked to my office 365 account, but not linked to OneDrive for storage. Because I'm not using OneDrive the 'Browse Version History' is greyed out, apparently this is not supported by Microsoft if the document is saved locally.

Is there a way to retrieve an old version of this document from iCloud?

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 4:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 4:37 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

You should be able to restore it from the backup of your MacBook.

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud reverted an excel document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.