You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X IP67?

Curious how Apple can claim the iPhoneX has an IP67 rating when the device is clearly not capable of being submerged in any amount of fresh water for any amount of time. The IP67 rating is certified by an international standard run by IEC. This is not just an Apple promise made by an excited marketing department but rather a certification by a regulatory body.

My iPhoneX was momentarily dipped in a lake when in my pocket - no more than 3 seconds and a depth of less than 1 foot. The only reason I had my phone in my pocket was because of Apple's claim that the device is IP67 rated (submerge up to 30 seconds and depth of up to 1 meter without adverse effects) and now my device is unusable.

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 8:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 8:38 AM

Hmm, we seem to get a number of these posts here today ...

Regardless, see if any of the following address this issue for you:

The bottom line? No phone, even the Apple iPhones, are waterproof.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2020 8:38 AM in response to bdkat

Hmm, we seem to get a number of these posts here today ...

Regardless, see if any of the following address this issue for you:

The bottom line? No phone, even the Apple iPhones, are waterproof.

Jun 26, 2020 9:33 AM in response to Tesserax

Appreciate the links but doesn't really address my concern. Should Apple be able to advertise an IP67 rating which has a clear definition by a 3rd party governing body? Either Apple needs to be more clear to its customers that it can not survive the conditions that IP67 claims or it should have the rating removed from its advertising.

iPhone X IP67?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.