You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud storage

I have an iPhone XI. It will not accept my debit card for monthly payments to increase cloud storage, even though debit card comes up as an option. My bank said there are no restrictions placed on the card. What’s the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 10:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 7:37 AM

Yes, a gift card should work. We use Family Sharing. I am the family organizer. I do have a valid debit card on file but we never have to use it since we all redeem iTunes gift cards on our individual Apple ID’s. I have always paid for the family iCloud Storage with an iTunes gift card.

As long as you have a balance that covers your purchases in your Apple ID, your debit or credit card will never be charged. The gift card balance will be charged first.

What bothers me a little bit about your situation because I don’t know the details, is that you may be required to have a credit or debit card on file.

You may want to contact Apple about the problem with your card. Use the link below and tap or click on Subscriptions and purchases and go from there.

Contact - Official Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2020 7:37 AM in response to blandina98

Yes, a gift card should work. We use Family Sharing. I am the family organizer. I do have a valid debit card on file but we never have to use it since we all redeem iTunes gift cards on our individual Apple ID’s. I have always paid for the family iCloud Storage with an iTunes gift card.

As long as you have a balance that covers your purchases in your Apple ID, your debit or credit card will never be charged. The gift card balance will be charged first.

What bothers me a little bit about your situation because I don’t know the details, is that you may be required to have a credit or debit card on file.

You may want to contact Apple about the problem with your card. Use the link below and tap or click on Subscriptions and purchases and go from there.

Contact - Official Apple Support

ICloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.