You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV plus free trial not working

I have Apple TV plus free trial for 1 year

I have signed in using my Apple TV 4K but when I go to choose a show to watch it wants me to purchase the shows

I can see in the settings that I have the subscription for 1 year free

I have tried signing in and out but it hasn’t made a difference

the shows that appear ‘free’ I can already watch through prime video, binge, Netflix and Stan so not sure what exactly I am getting for free

had anyone else had this problem?

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 4:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 4:47 AM

The free trial is for Apple+ content only and does not include Movies/Shows from the iTunes store.

7 replies

Jun 27, 2020 9:05 AM in response to vazandrew

The old Apple TV (going back at least 8-10 years ago I feel). I’m sure there was a rent now’ section

where now with Apple TV I get the below picture which the show dads and dear I can watch but the 3 in the middle are paid shows but you can’t see that until you open the show

is this how it is? Cause that’ll get really annoying if you get interested by the title only to find out you don’t have access to is

Jun 27, 2020 9:31 AM in response to Jesskea22

That would have been a 2nd gen, which never had a TV app. The TV app is meant to consolidate content across various providers. That screenshot is from the main 'watch now' screen. If you have not watched anything yet then it will just be recommending content, but it can be from various providers. Once you start watching it will populate the 'up next' queue so you can continue watching titles from all the various providers you subscribe to.

When you claimed your offer you would have gone into the distinct Apple TV Plus section, and that is where you would need to go if you want to see only the content that is offered in that subscription.

Jun 27, 2020 8:50 AM in response to Jesskea22

The Apple TV app houses not only Apple TV Plus, but also all content from the iTunes store (done via rental or purchase) along with other Apple TV Channel subscriptions. Apple TV Plus is a service for Apple originals, and those titles are exclusive to that so they wouldn't be available anywhere else.

You can go into the distinct Apple TV Plus section to see exactly what is included with that service, which is the area you would have gone when you claimed the free offer.

Jun 27, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Jesskea22

Apple TV Plus is a service for Apple originals only, as previously stated. All the titles within that screenshot, which include Dads and Dear, are only available on that service. They will not be available on Prime nor other streaming services.

The Tv app can integrate with other providers, like Prime, which is why you will see titles from those providers within the main Tv app.

There are a total of 25 series and 5 films currently available on Apple TV Plus, and more added each month. Please go into the section for Apple TV Plus, as previously advised, where you will see exactly what is included solely within that service.

Apple TV plus free trial not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.