You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried voice over and it has completely shut down my iPad 6generation. How do I get the iPad working again?

How do I turn off voice control on my IPad 6 generation? It has completely taken over the iPad.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 7:32 PM

If your iPad won't accept your passcode you will need to follow the directions in this link --> If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

3 replies

Jun 28, 2020 4:42 PM in response to Lwsell

What does completely shut down your iPad mean? Is your iPad able to do anything?

If you need to shut Voice Over off, the following are ways to do so:

To turn VoiceOver on or off, use any of the following methods: Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver, then turn the setting on or off. Summon Siri and say “Turn on VoiceOver” or “Turn off VoiceOver.”. Triple-click the side button (on an iPhone or iPad with Face ID).

I tried voice over and it has completely shut down my iPad 6generation. How do I get the iPad working again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.