You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

large music libraries?

"You can have up to 100,000 songs in your music library." Okay, so what if my local music library has more songs than that? Is there an upgrade? How do I limit which songs are uploaded to the Cloud?

Without knowing how iCloud Music Library handles larger local libraries, it's not clear to me that it would be functional if I wanted to use Apple Music.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 7:39 PM

I said "without knowing" because I did not know whether there was an upgrade. Thanks for letting me know that, unaccountably, people like me with large music collections are screwed out of using Apple Music to its full functionality.

The sentence re 100,000 songs does not preclude the possibility of an upgrade. It describes the standard situation. So I don't appreciate the snark re "not sure why."

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2020 7:39 PM in response to ed2345

I said "without knowing" because I did not know whether there was an upgrade. Thanks for letting me know that, unaccountably, people like me with large music collections are screwed out of using Apple Music to its full functionality.

The sentence re 100,000 songs does not preclude the possibility of an upgrade. It describes the standard situation. So I don't appreciate the snark re "not sure why."

large music libraries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.