You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded content in the Files app from the iCloud

I would like to know where is the downloaded content from the iCloud drive stored in my iPhone?

I have a few files in my iCloud drive what I need to have when I'm not at home. I normally upload them on my Mac and I can be sure that they will appear on my phone as well.

When I select a specific document on my phone in the files app there is a small cloud icon with an arrow in the top right corner. When I tap on it the files gets downloaded and the cloud icon disappear.

Where does it get stored in the iPhone ? Is it the same location?

Can I delete the downloaded file and still have it in the iCloud ?

I could keep the file in my phone but I prefer to delete it and download it again as I need it.

Thank you

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 11:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 7:07 AM

Hi, thanks for your response.

I was already guessing that that might be the case. Will need to get used to it. I've been an Android user for over 7 years and switched to an iPhone a week ago.

Thanks once more for the answer.

Very helpful.

Similar questions

2 replies

Downloaded content in the Files app from the iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.