You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes purchases remain in iCloud and can't be downloaded to computer

I am able to download most of the songs I have purchased from iTunes (purchased on my mac mini). That is, I am able to download them from the iCloud to the Mini. However, many more songs will not download when I click on the cloud icon by the song on the Music app window. . . . i.e., they remain in the cloud. I only purchase songs using the mac mini, not using iPhone or iPad. . .so that is not a variable here. I have "automatic download" clicked "on" on Music Preferences. . . which means "Automatically download music when added to your Library so you can play it offline". So any thoughts on what is going on here?

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 9:21 AM

I possibly have the cause. . .I note that all of the songs that will not download from the iCloud, were purchased using my old email account (which no longer exists). . . possibly I can't download them since I am now using a different gmail account. Yes/No? if yes, can I do anything about this?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2020 9:21 AM in response to Chuck Jefferis

I possibly have the cause. . .I note that all of the songs that will not download from the iCloud, were purchased using my old email account (which no longer exists). . . possibly I can't download them since I am now using a different gmail account. Yes/No? if yes, can I do anything about this?

iTunes purchases remain in iCloud and can't be downloaded to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.