You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This song is not currently available in your country or region?" – It WAS when I bought it.

What IS this disappearing music nonsense?:

The message "This song is not currently available in your country or region?"

has appeared for several of my purchased songs. For a few years now. One just recently.

Its happened to a number of tunes originating in Australia, or elsewhere. Tunes just–disappear.

They were there, available in the iTunes store, I bought them –

NOW they are unavailable for my device, in the U.S.

When is your music, NOT your music?

Am I getting a refund on songs cut from my purchase list?

Doesn't appear to have happened.

I may have to stop using iTunes & just buy physical CDs if this is the wave of the future.

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 6:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 4:30 AM

Cro Magnum,

It is not uncommon for songs to go on or ff sale from time to time.

When you buy a music download, it is a good idea to keep a backup. The ability to re-download a fresh copy is contingent on the song still being available, which is not guaranteed.

4 replies

Jul 1, 2020 8:54 AM in response to CroMagnum

CroMagnum wrote:

The biggest problem would be if one were operating exclusively from an iOS device, since digital backups of it are the entire device & data is not individually extractable at this time so far as I am aware.

See About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. Media is not included in a device backup, nor is other data that is generally accessible via the cloud.

The particular error you see can sometimes be generated in error by music that hasn't properly transferred to the device. If you have a copy of the track in your iTunes library that plays there you can try the following steps:

Try iTunes > Preferences > Devices > Reset Sync History and then try syncing once more.

If that hasn't helped try signing out of the iTunes Store on the device and then try again.

Otherwise see this post on erratic syncing.

tt2

Jul 1, 2020 8:11 AM in response to ed2345

Thanks for the reply.

I've already gathered that there is no permanence in purchases.

Not a great recommendation for digital downloads.

The biggest problem would be if one were operating exclusively from an iOS device,

since digital backups of it are the entire device & data is not individually extractable at this time so far as I am aware.

At least not using the Apple products.

3rd party applications come & go.

Unless you are speaking about CD back-ups, which have fallen out of vogue.

Jul 1, 2020 9:52 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks.

There is very succinct & useful information in your reply...

Your description fits my most recent Vanessa Collier glitch.

Which seems to have resolved itself (unless I have the wrong errant track flagged).

That message arrived during a playlist playback,

but the device it was bought from is the one that hiccuped.

Therefore the message: "This song is currently unavailable in your country or region" was incorrect.

I've gotten this advice before. Why I was unable to get that track is a mystery.

It was both on my iMac desktop & on my iPad. Now fine. Not so true of older purchases.

The older problem of Achison track(s) was possibly a licensing problem.

The performance from Australia. Yet, it vanished within a week or two of my purchase, as did the entire album.

The truncated version cannot be burned to disk – it fails.

The entire live album is now unavailable on iTunes.

"This song is not currently available in your country or region?" – It WAS when I bought it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.