You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No SMS message delivered confirmation on iPhone11

I am not able to see message delivered confirmation when I send an SMS message to any non iPhone user from my iPhone 11. I just see the timestamp next to the green bubble message when I slide it to left (as you can see in the screenshot attached here) My SMS are being received properly to those non iPhone users. Because of this I don’t understand whether my SMS was delivered to the recipient or not.

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 12:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 7:17 AM

Hi Oves_J,

It seems you have some questions on SMS, and we can help you straighten this out.

It's normal for you to not see a confirmation of delivery. You'll get an error if the message isn't sent to your carrier for delivery, but otherwise you will see exactly what you see here.

You can learn more about the difference between SMS and iMessage here:

About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2020 7:17 AM in response to Oves_J

Hi Oves_J,

It seems you have some questions on SMS, and we can help you straighten this out.

It's normal for you to not see a confirmation of delivery. You'll get an error if the message isn't sent to your carrier for delivery, but otherwise you will see exactly what you see here.

You can learn more about the difference between SMS and iMessage here:

About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

No SMS message delivered confirmation on iPhone11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.