You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using apps removed from the app store

So if I have a game I downloaded and installed on my iPad and sometime after the app is removed from the App Store, can I still play the game on my iPad since it is already downloaded and installed?

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 6:09 PM

Yes, you can for as long as the app remains installed and is compatible with your installed iPadOS version.

Be aware, however, that apps are not part of any backups. Only app data is backed up. What this means is that if you ever have to restore your device from a backup, the apps that can't be re-downloaded from the App Store, will be gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2020 6:09 PM in response to Eccl1213

Yes, you can for as long as the app remains installed and is compatible with your installed iPadOS version.

Be aware, however, that apps are not part of any backups. Only app data is backed up. What this means is that if you ever have to restore your device from a backup, the apps that can't be re-downloaded from the App Store, will be gone.

using apps removed from the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.