You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos tagged with a name do not appear in 'People' album

I have this problem with many of the people I have tagged their face in Photos in Catalina.

I can see that they are tagged in the photo, but they do not appear in the 'People' album. It's caused a lot of duplicates I want to fix, and it's annoying to not see all the people in the album.

When I search the name they both show up:

But in the people album only one shows up (so I can't select both to merge)

Any ideas how to fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 7:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 2:02 AM

Photos is keeping some albums hidden, until you add them to the People album.

• Search for the name, then open a photo of the person, that is missing from the People album.
  • View the photo enlarged and swipe up to se see the details with the faces thumbnails below the photo.
  • Click the faces thumbnail, that is missing from the People album. This should open the hidden album.
  • In the hidden album scroll down to the bottom. There should be a link "Add to People Album". Click it.
  • Now the missing album should appear at the bottom of the People album and you can drag it onto the other album for the same person.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2020 2:02 AM in response to tjscraps

Photos is keeping some albums hidden, until you add them to the People album.

• Search for the name, then open a photo of the person, that is missing from the People album.
  • View the photo enlarged and swipe up to se see the details with the faces thumbnails below the photo.
  • Click the faces thumbnail, that is missing from the People album. This should open the hidden album.
  • In the hidden album scroll down to the bottom. There should be a link "Add to People Album". Click it.
  • Now the missing album should appear at the bottom of the People album and you can drag it onto the other album for the same person.

Photos tagged with a name do not appear in 'People' album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.