You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move a font from Font Book to /Library/Fonts?

I am assuming that, in order to be able to use Apple Chancery font in Microsoft Word for Mac (Version 16.38 - 2019) I need to have the Apple Chancery font in my Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts file? I've checked and it's not listed, however it is listed in the Font Book and, after a bit of fiddling, I managed to get it to show up in Pages (it isn't in the default font list in Pages). I have tried opening two Finder windows and dragging the Apple Chancery font to the /Library/Fonts file but it won't move. I would be very grateful if someone can tell me how I can use the Apple Chancery font in Microsoft Word for Mac. Tricia

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 3:09 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 2, 2020 3:35 AM in response to Marco Klobas

Thank you for your response. I think my problem was that I was looking in Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts instead of Macintosh HD/System/Library/Fonts. I checked my /System/Library/Fonts and you'r right it is definitely listed in the Supplemental folder. I re-opened Microsoft Word and searched once more. This time I was able to locate and choose the font in Microsoft Word - many thanks for such a quick response.

How do I move a font from Font Book to /Library/Fonts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.