You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Needed for connecting MacBook Air 2020 to LG Monitor

Hey Guys,

I'm after some help, So I need a longer USB-C cable to connect my MacBook Air to my LG Monitor, I'm not sure if this is allowed here but this is my monitor https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/lg-34-ultra-wide-quad-hd-freesync-curved-gaming-monitor-34uc99-w/version.asp The current USB-C cable is no longer suitable as I am now using a Monitor Arm and with the cable management it is too short to reach the MacBook Air.

I've had a look on Amazon but there are so many to choose from and to be honest I really don't quite understand what cable is required for me. I need to the cable to support the display to the monitor (obviously) and to also charge the MacBook, the current cable does just that, but is too short, so ideally I would like 2-3 metres 2 metres should be fine. That can charge the MacBook and display video on the monitor (including audio). I really don't have a clue about USB-C and Thunderbolt etc. So any help and advice (and links if allowed) would really be appreciated to help a relative novice at this sort of thing.

Thanks in advance people.

Kind Regards

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 3:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Similar questions

1 reply

Help Needed for connecting MacBook Air 2020 to LG Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.