You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if I broke my ipad and I want to repair it. Do I need to pay if I still have warranty?

what if I broke my ipad and I want to repair it. Do I need to pay if I still have warranty?

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 12:47 PM

iPad damage repair costs for AppleCare+ and out-of-warranty, plus additional information, are in this Apple article:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Note this small print, however:

If the issue with your iPad was caused by severe damage from an accident or from abuse, you might have to pay the full replacement value.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2020 12:47 PM in response to jaymar178

iPad damage repair costs for AppleCare+ and out-of-warranty, plus additional information, are in this Apple article:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Note this small print, however:

If the issue with your iPad was caused by severe damage from an accident or from abuse, you might have to pay the full replacement value.

Jul 2, 2020 11:45 AM in response to jaymar178

If you purchased AppleCare+ with your iPad, then it's $49. They will replace the device, not try and fix it. So make sure you back it up first so you can restore your data to the replacement device.

If all you have is the normal warranty, or it's been more than a year since you purchased it, then you have no coverage. Warranties cover manufacturing flaws, not damage caused by the user.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.