You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to install canon pro 100 printer. I have software

How to install canon pro100 printer on Mac....not very familiar with MAC

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 4:05 PM

Here is an Apple article with instructions on how to setup a printer with macOS. Most times you don't need to worry about any software/drivers from the manufacturer since macOS will usually download the necessary software automatically. If the printer is an older model, then perhaps you may need to use the manufacturer supplied printer software.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/add-a-printer-on-mac-mh14004/mac

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2020 4:05 PM in response to rosepaul12

Here is an Apple article with instructions on how to setup a printer with macOS. Most times you don't need to worry about any software/drivers from the manufacturer since macOS will usually download the necessary software automatically. If the printer is an older model, then perhaps you may need to use the manufacturer supplied printer software.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/add-a-printer-on-mac-mh14004/mac

Jul 3, 2020 2:22 PM in response to rosepaul12

Hi there, rosepaul12,. maybe I can help you. Usually you download printer software from the maker's web page, under support.

but seeing as how you already have the software for it, installation couldn't be easier. It should be in the form of .zip or .dmg. double clicking on it will unzip it or mount the .dmg file, and it will appear on your desktop and lead you through the installation process. It will ask you if you want to install software, and you say "Yes" or click on "OK" and then continue, and that's it and it will tell you when it's done

jb

how to install canon pro 100 printer. I have software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.