You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Keychain problem

Hi

I just got an iphone & I'm having problems syncing keychain with my ipad. I tried support that suggests I turn keychain off on both devices then the most up to date one on followed by the other one.

Unfortunately this doesn't work.

The ipad keychain has 118 entries whereas the iphone has 4.

How do I sync them?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 8:37 AM

Hello DavidLAllen,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you're looking to sync iCloud Keychain between an iPhone and a iPad. You're in the right place, and we'd be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

If iCloud Keychain won't turn on or sync

This resource includes quick checks and steps that can help to resolve issues with iCloud Keychain.

Let's also verify both the iPad and iPhone are using the same Apple ID. On both devices tap Settings>tap [your name]. On this screen, is the same Apple ID listed for both devices?

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2020 8:37 AM in response to DavidLAllen

Hello DavidLAllen,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you're looking to sync iCloud Keychain between an iPhone and a iPad. You're in the right place, and we'd be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

If iCloud Keychain won't turn on or sync

This resource includes quick checks and steps that can help to resolve issues with iCloud Keychain.

Let's also verify both the iPad and iPhone are using the same Apple ID. On both devices tap Settings>tap [your name]. On this screen, is the same Apple ID listed for both devices?

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

Sync Keychain problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.